I resolved last year to keep a reading list. I was successful and maybe keeping a list helped me to reach my goal of reading 100 books. This year, in January I read something like 3,000 pages for pleasure and as academic work. 3,000 Pages! That is the most I have ever read in a single month that I know of.
Here is January’s reading list for those who are interested.
January (total page count 3,001 )
1. 1. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick (fiction) 216 pages.
2. 2. The Best American Poetry 2011 ed. Kevin Young (poetry) 240 pages.
3. 3. Illuminations by Arthur Rimbaud trans. John Ashbery (poetry) 176 pages.
4. 4100 Best-Loved Poems ed. by Philip Smith (poetry) 96 pages.
5. 5. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder (fiction) 256 pages.
6. 6. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (fiction) 355 pages.
7. 7. Grab Bag by Derek McCormack (Short Stories) 200 pages.
8. 8. The Haunted Hillbilly by Derek McCormack (fiction) 128 pages.
9. 9. Transparence of the World by Jean Follain (poetry) 131 pages.
10. 10. Wild Mouse by Derek McCormack (fiction/poetry) 41 pages. **
11. 11. The Art of the Lathe by B. H. Fairchild (poetry) 80 pages. **
12. 12. Monologue of a Dog by Wislawa Szymborska (poetry) 120 pages.
13. 13. Crush by Richard Siken (poetry) 60 pages.**
** The double asterisk denote that I am rereading the book.
And just to make a note for the argumentative, I HAVE read the Little House series before, but not for a good 20+ years, so I consider it a new read. W
What are you reading at the moment?